Another chances thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocDO

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sci. GPA: 3.40
Overall GPA: 3.43
MCAT: 20 Q

I submitted my application already, May 15th. AACOMAS sent it out to the schools on June 06th. I knew my MCAT would be kinda low so I started early. I applied to all the osteopathic schools except the one in Texas. Does anyone know somebody that got accepted with a 20 Q MCAT or less with similar GPA?

I have a strong upward trend in GPA. I had a GPA of 2.76 for first two years of undergrad. Transferred to another undergrad and graduated in three years with a GPA of 3.60. I stayed a third year to take upper level science classes to prove myself and improve my overall GPA to what it is now, see above.

Another question, when asking people to write your LOR, do they refuse or give you a funny look when you tell them your low MCAT score?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you gotten any responses?

FutureDocDO said:
Sci. GPA: 3.40
Overall GPA: 3.43
MCAT: 20 Q

I submitted my application already, May 15th. AACOMAS sent it out to the schools on June 06th. I knew my MCAT would be kinda low so I started early. I applied to all the osteopathic schools except the one in Texas. Does anyone know somebody that got accepted with a 20 Q MCAT or less with similar GPA?

I have a strong upward trend in GPA. I had a GPA of 2.76 for first two years of undergrad. Transferred to another undergrad and graduated in three years with a GPA of 3.60. I stayed a third year to take upper level science classes to prove myself and improve my overall GPA to what it is now, see above.

Another question, when asking people to write your LOR, do they refuse or give you a funny look when you tell them your low MCAT score?

youve already been accepted somewhere....if i remember correctly..so obviously your chances are good :)

mikeypo0 said:
youve already been accepted somewhere....if i remember correctly..so obviously your chances are good :)
:laugh: You're correct on your predictions. I've been accepted to WVSOM and LECOM-Erie and still having a hard time where to send that deposit in to. I have to compare the quality of their clinical rotations. Suggestions?