Another computer question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CeLo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it better to get a desktop or a laptop? I will be going to school in my homestate, so bringing it home from vacations won't be an issue. I never liked staying at school for longer than I have to, I study better at home, so I don't know if I would ever even bring a laptop to school. Dell has a really good deal on desktops right now (pentium 4 for $469). All the Dell laptops cost more, but if someone can convince me it would be better to have a laptop, I would consider it. I know nothing about computers, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just think it is a good idea just in case you would like to stay at school. I mean, there might be study groups and stuff that you would like to participate in and it may be helpful for you to have a laptop. If it turns out you like to study at school, then there are no problems if you get the lap top, but if cost is an issue then you could just see how it goes for awhile without one. Don't many schools require you to have one? Plus if you have to go somehwere one weekend, like a family trip or something (i don't know), then you can always take it with you. I just always think it is good to be on the safe side.