Another day has passed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
and not anymore interview offers :(

I recieved one interview when I had NO letters in. I now have 1 letter in and downloaded by most programs and haven't heard anything from anyone. I hope all this freaking out is gonna be for nothing come october...

Members don't see this ad.

GiJoe said:
and not anymore interview offers :(

I recieved one interview when I had NO letters in. I now have 1 letter in and downloaded by most programs and haven't heard anything from anyone. I hope all this freaking out is gonna be for nothing come october...

Starting to freak too with only 3 interviews thus far. Still only have 2 letters in right now. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

cowgirlcarrie said:
Starting to freak too with only 3 interviews thus far. Still only have 2 letters in right now. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Its amazing how were acting, isn't it?

I've received two interview offers, and zero declines, and I'm freaking out. I don't know what our problem is. I guess we're just typical med students.

CS

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry. from what I hear (from school and from people on this board) is that it is still really early in the game. Many places wait until nov. 1 for dean's letters.

I finally got all my letters in and i got my first invites today!!!!

Mayo
Eastern Carolina.

Needless to say.......I'm psyched!

good luck all

later

Yeah, I'm really surprised how many offers are out there at this point in the game. When I applied 2 years ago there were only a handful of places that offered at the end of October, and then the rush came the week after Dean's letters came out. I wouldn't sweat it at this point.

Seaglass said:
Yeah, I'm really surprised how many offers are out there at this point in the game. When I applied 2 years ago there were only a handful of places that offered at the end of October, and then the rush came the week after Dean's letters came out. I wouldn't sweat it at this point.

I think its a different thing because we all got those one or two invites early. We all KNOW not to sweat it, but that doesn't mean I don't check my email 5-6 times per day (and even 2-3 times on the weekend) to see if I've received another interview. Its like the first one or two invites were just teasing us. :scared:

Got another year before I will be in your shoes-but I was wondering if there is an advantage to interviewing early as opposed to late in the cycle?

On the same note, when would be a good month to schedule a vacation block in order to accomodate interviews?

Thanks and good luck to you all! ;)