Another "Do I Have A Chance?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArkansasHog

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering, just as almost everyone else is, if I have a shot at getting into school anywhere. I am very open to any school, since staying close to home isn't real important to me. My GPA is around a 3.25, but my science is around a 2.63. I have not taken the OAT yet, but I have been studying for it, and think I will do well. I worked at a local eye doctor's office during Christmas break and racked up about 80 hours doing all kinds of work. I also am in the pre-optometry club at my university, and volunteer with Miracle League among other extracurriculars. I want to take the OAT in July and apply sometime soon after that. I will be done with undergrad in fall of '13. So, even with the low GPA, if I do well on the OAT, do I have a shot?

Members don't see this ad.

The science gpa will worry schools so you need to do well on the OAT to prove you are a good candidate for optometry school. If you can post a good score, you should be able to get in somewhere.

Maybe take a practice OAT to get a better idea. Kaplan offers free ones online all the time.