Another doc charged with murder

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Charging doctors for events 5-7 years ago indeed is an abuse of power by the state attorney generals and prosecutors. This has happened in several states in the US where doctors have been charged a decade or more after patient deaths. Not infrequently, the doctor's defense is hampered by the lack of an autopsy with the state relying inappropriately on toxicology studies using limits designed for acute intoxication with a specific drug.

Members don't see this ad :)
that is absolutely true...

but in this story, some of the patients died in 2010, 2012 and 2013, a concerned patient reported her in and investigation started in May 2014, and she admitted writing some scripts before seeing people and subsequently had license suspended since 2015.

even 3 years is a long time, but she is not innocent based on this article by any means...

I don't doubt that she is guilty of causing some overdose deaths and is finally being held culpable for sloppy practice habits. However, prosecutors looking back 7 years is ridiculous. The standard of care for prescribing was much different then. Yet she was sanctioned in 2015, therefore did not change with the evolving standard of care.

No telling what those patients overdosed on. Maybe entirely unrelated to anything she prescribed....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

No telling what those patients overdosed on. Maybe entirely unrelated to anything she prescribed....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Apparently, one of the patients died the day she prescribed, one died within a week.

Unless she is a palliative care doc...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile