Another gap year question (an easy one)

Started by Ol'Lady
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ol'Lady

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the MCAT in March of 2014 (33. 12 BS/10V/11PS). It would then expire in 2017?

I naively applied this past cycle and didn't really get much results.

I would like to take a gap year to strengthen my clinical ECs. I don't think shadowing and doing clinical volunteering for the next 4 months would really make enough of a dent to apply this coming June and that seems like a waste of money to chance it. So I am willing to apply in June of 2016.

I just want to be sure I understand the expiration date of the MCAT.
 
The MCAT expiration varies depending on schools. Some schools give 3 years while others give 5 years. You should look into the individual MCAT policy of schools you are interested in.