Another Interview Purse thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eleanor_rigby

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There was a "to bring, or not to bring a purse" to interview thread awhile ago. It does seem like a rather trivial issue, but lots of those who replied thought it would be best if you didn't really carry anything in with you during the interview. Where did you guys put your keys, pen(for essay), etc. when you went to your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

i took a purse AND a nice folder/binder thing to write down questions for me to ask interviewers, list my service projects so i didnt forget them/whatever. and my interviews went fine...got accepted to the schools and such. they dont look down on you bringing a purse.

I also took a purse and a "smart folder" (leather binder that zips..I had my resume, paper, pen and a list of questions inside). I have never been to any professional meetings where women were expected to not carry a purse, especially since our business professional clothing often lacks pockets. If you are comfortable carrying a purse do so, if you never carry one and think they are a pain dont since you will be nervous anyways.

P/S) Only one woman at my interview sessions did not carry a purse or portfolio briefcase.