PsyD123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
Status
I have an interview Monday...I'm scheduled to be there from 9-5. In the invite that was mailed, no information regarding who I would be meeting with, what type of interview format, etc was provided. It just said to expect to be there all day and to dress in business attire. Is it ok for me to call the office to find out what the day will be like, and if so, how is an appropriate way to address my question to them?

SaraL124

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
I did the same thing for a few interviews where they did not provide enough info for my liking. I asked who I'd be interviewing with, and explained that I wanted to know so that I could adequately prepare for the day.

twiggers

10+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2004
Status
I would just ask them what the day will be like so that you can come prepared. I've heard of students at interviews actually contacting their student host, or the student hosting the weekend to ask.
BTW I would ask! I went to NIU this weekend expecting a full day, and it turns out they were done by 12:30 PM. I also thought I was interviewing with 3 people (they asked us for 3 names of people we wanted to speak with) and I only interviewed with 2, but still had to spend the night before studying all 3 people.