Another LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the phil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post. I need some advice about LORs. I have been shadowing an MD for a while and he knows me very well and I am sure he would write me a good letter of rec. However, I know that a lot of schools prefer letters from DO. My question is, should I just go with the MD letter that I know will be excellent or should I try to get a LOR from a DO who is the uncle of an acquaintance? Also, I already have a letter from one of my employers but would it be better to forgo the employer's letter and have both MD and DO letters instead?

Members don't see this ad.

Get BOTH! Yes an MD letter is fine for many schools, but the DO letter is REQUIRED for some of them...Besides two great letters from physicians are better than one...I personally had 5. It worked for me.

Ryan said:
Get BOTH! Yes an MD letter is fine for many schools, but the DO letter is REQUIRED for some of them...Besides two great letters from physicians are better than one...I personally had 5. It worked for me.

Wow 5!

Members don't see this ad :)
I worked in an ER for ~3 years....