Another Mayo Question....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiggernater

Livin in the looney bin
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So during my interview at Mayo, Dr. Philbrick stated that they meet in late Jan and tell all the canidates where they are on their rank list ( top 1/3 middle, bottom). Now that he's not the PD....I'm wondering if they decided not to do that this year, or if I wasn't ranked.....as I havent gotten any sort of communication.

This is nearve wracking!!!!
Anybody heard anything?
Thanks
Tiggernater

Members don't see this ad.

When I interviewed with Dr. Wells (the interim PD), he did not mention anything about this.

As far as feedback goes, apart from the thanks for interviewing e-mails just after I visited them, I got an e-mail from one of the chief residents a couple weeks later.

Dr. philbrick didn't mention anything about contacting candidates later when I had met him. Like Adam, I got a thanks for interviewing e-mail immediately after the interview and another email a few weeks later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Philbrick had notified applicants in previous years what third they fell in rank list-wise, but stated that he was re-evaluating whether to continue that this year. I did not hear how Dr. Wells planned to handle the situation. It might be worth shooting him an email expressing your interest (if that is indeed the case) and gauging the response. Best wishes this match day!

I have got the impression (which may be wrong) that psychotherapy is not exactly the strongest point of Mayo residency. Is it true?:confused: