jav316

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2005
Status
hey, i know this comes up a lot and i looked at previous responses. just wanted to get a feel for people who took both in a relatively short period of time. do you think its a good idea idea to take the dat 2-4 weeks after the mcat and brush up on the math and pat stuff in the meantime?

i know a lot of people disagree with taking both tests, but i want to keep my options open until i get better idea for which is more suited for me. curently, i'm leaning more toward dentistry and am wondering if i should take the dat prep course instead of the mcat prep course. but i do want to keep my options open at this point.

has anyone taken the kaplan dat program? is there anything in the kaplan dat program that is very important regarding the pat or question types that were asked? are the online materials or access to practice tests very helpful? i looked at some of the dat review schedules and noticed there were no practice exams as there are on the mcat.
do you think the mcat review course would prepare me well the science aspects and that it would be possible to practice the math and pat on my own and do well?

thanks!!!

GENERAL TSO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
Status
jav316 said:
hey, i know this comes up a lot and i looked at previous responses. just wanted to get a feel for people who took both in a relatively short period of time. do you think its a good idea idea to take the dat 2-4 weeks after the mcat and brush up on the math and pat stuff in the meantime?

i know a lot of people disagree with taking both tests, but i want to keep my options open until i get better idea for which is more suited for me. curently, i'm leaning more toward dentistry and am wondering if i should take the dat prep course instead of the mcat prep course. but i do want to keep my options open at this point.

has anyone taken the kaplan dat program? is there anything in the kaplan dat program that is very important regarding the pat or question types that were asked? are the online materials or access to practice tests very helpful? i looked at some of the dat review schedules and noticed there were no practice exams as there are on the mcat.
do you think the mcat review course would prepare me well the science aspects and that it would be possible to practice the math and pat on my own and do well?

thanks!!!

I am taking it right now. I have already downloaded at least 20 PDF practice tests for the PAT so I dont know what you are lookin at.

stoshic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Status
Take the MCAT prep... Just don't worry about the physics. Trust me on this one, the preparation you get in the sciences from this prep is great for both. You'll know the ins and outs of everything in the science, no suprises on the DAT. This is what I did and it worked out great. I've choosen to go to dental school and will be attending next fall.

stoshic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Status
look over the math and PAT on your own, it is very self explanatory.. nothing the course shows you that you won't figure out on your own with some practice.