PreMed9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2004
Status
I was going to post this in my last thread, but I forgot so I am making a new one. I did a search and I cannot find any resources that can help me find GPA and MCAT for matriculants into osteopathic schools. MDapplicants.com, from what I am told, is not always reliable, and does not have a lot of osteopathic school students on it. Does anyone know where I can find this information. I have reviewed the threads and found random posts of a few schools and a few scores, but I am looking for one place that puts all of the schools and scores of the matriculants together. I know I am starting to ask a lot of questions but it seems like the cycle is quickly approaching. Thanks again.

OP
P

PreMed9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2004
Status
Also, how are the gpas calculated? At my school there are no minuses, only pluses. For example, A = 4.0 B+ = 3.5, Is this how they are done?

richarDsOn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Ashland, KY
Status
I think usually a minus, like an A- for example, would be a 3.75 or 3.8...when you fill out the accomas application I think it automatically converts for you. You just choose the grading system your school uses and enter the grade. I could be wrong, but I think that's what I did. Then your gpas will be calculated/totaled accordingly.

OP
P

PreMed9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2004
Status
thank you very much for your help!

wisconsinmilf

Fabuleux destin d'Amélie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2004
blue state
Status
PreMed9 said:
I was going to post this in my last thread, but I forgot so I am making a new one. I did a search and I cannot find any resources that can help me find GPA and MCAT for matriculants into osteopathic schools. MDapplicants.com, from what I am told, is not always reliable, and does not have a lot of osteopathic school students on it. Does anyone know where I can find this information. I have reviewed the threads and found random posts of a few schools and a few scores, but I am looking for one place that puts all of the schools and scores of the matriculants together. I know I am starting to ask a lot of questions but it seems like the cycle is quickly approaching. Thanks again.
More references:
http://www.aacom.org/sitemap.asp
http://www.aacom.org/data/advisorupdate/AACOMAS Update_files/frame.htm#slide0013.htm
Hope this helps,
-WM

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student

crys20

make it happen!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
Status
Usually they have some sort of class profile on the school's websites. I really don't know if there IS one reliable place. You just have to peruse the websites. Also, the Princeton Review's guide to medical schools you could find at a bookstore has some osteo info.