Another Question about Fafsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zthang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to finish filling this sucker out, but what do I put down for school code if I don't know which school I"m going to go to? Can I just put one of the schools i got accepted to down now and change it later if I change my mind?

Members don't see this ad.

also, isn't there an early deadline? what if by some miraculous divine intervention, i get accepted in may? is it too late to apply for fafsa then?

also, isn't there an early deadline? what if by some miraculous divine intervention, i get accepted in may? is it too late to apply for fafsa then?

apply anyways. i think most schools have a "priority" deadline of March 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
no :rolleyes: i should be getting my NYU letter within the next 2 days...and who knows with maryland? thanks for lookin out tho...best of luck to you.

jb!:)

I'm trying to finish filling this sucker out, but what do I put down for school code if I don't know which school I"m going to go to? Can I just put one of the schools i got accepted to down now and change it later if I change my mind?

Put down all the codes for every school you have been accepted to and even the schools you are waiting to hear from. You will only be accepting the financial aid award from the school you chose to attend. You can list six schools comfortably and go back in later and add another six schools, should this be a problem for you, shortly afterwards. Complete your FASFA as early as possible. Good luck.

On fafsa, some schools are not listed specifically as dental schools (e.g. loma linda---listed as loma linda university), should I just put down the main university code?

Yes, many schools are not listed as the dental school specifically. The best way to check is to go to the school's main website and check the financial aid section. More likely than not they will give you the school code.

On fafsa, some schools are not listed specifically as dental schools (e.g. loma linda---listed as loma linda university), should I just put down the main university code?