Another question regarding ear piercings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CW 2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've been reading the thread regarding facial piercings and it got me worried regarding the earlobe piercings I have.
I have my ears pierced (just like almost every woman has) and in addition to that I have 2 more holes in the left earlobe (only left). It looks like the picture below.
kiki_diamond_studs.JPG

For the interview I was thinking to wear a pair of pearl earrings and leave those two extra holes empty. Would you think it's OK? Or should I let the holes close?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are okay with the piercings you have. The school I will be attending allows up to 3 piercings per ear.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!!! I guess, I am worried too much about little things - just like other neurotic pre-meds :)

Lol you are fine. I have something similar, only two on each side and wear diamond studs in both. Never been an issue.

You're fine. Piercing through the nose? Different story.
Agree.

OP, I have both of my ears double pierced and wear studs in them. Not a problem. As gyngyn suggested, you can always leave the extra holes empty for your interview days, but I don't think three small studs (assuming they're all in the lobes) is an issue even for interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Those two holes will not close up completely after a few days of disuse. Hell, I haven't had a full set of six earrings in my ears in years and they're still semi-open. My suggestion is to take the earrings out a few days beforehand to get rid of any residual redness and wear a conservative earring in the main ear hole.

I have 2 holes in each ear, plus my rook pierced and its never been an issue.

<-----the person with gauged earlobes, tattoos and I posted the thread about facial piercings

You have three holes in your ear, OMG THEY WON'T ACCEPT YOU! YOU ARE SO RADICAL!! (hehehehehe)

Okay seriously now. Just don't wear earrings in the other holes. No one is going to walk up and notice the two little holes in your ear unless they are really invading your space or trying to kiss you. If I can successfully hide zero gauge ear lobes and a nostril stud, I am certain no one will notice your two itty bitty extra holes.

@ goro. A nose piercing is super easy to hide as long as it is not a huge hole. My nostril is a 18g, standard piercings in ears are 20g so that gives you a size reference. I am not allowed to wear facial piercings at work, I have a flesh colored retainer in my nostril and no one here has ever noticed it, even the nice lady in administration that likes to get on people for piercings and I have spoken with her in meetings many times. The end sits flush with my skin and the fact I always wear my makeup base hides it even more. Any other facial piercings can be difficult to 100% hide, but nostrils and septums are super easy.

Like many on this forum have said, medicine is very conventional and has strict standards for appearance. Anything like piercings or tattoos need to be 100% concealed at all times. If you can't hide it with 100% certainty, then take it out. That is why I took out my other piercings, I only felt like they were 90% hidden...if you looked really close you could make out those retainers due to the positioning of the piercing.

Your ear piercings are fine ^^