1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Another question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by vixen, Jun 12, 2002.

1. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

So I've been working on my personal statement, and then I start thinking about my FIRST personal statement when I applied (in 2000)...

After my sophomore year in college, before I transferred, I took a semester off because I was headed down the wrong track, etc and also because by the time I realized I wanted to leave, it was too late to transfer somewhere else...(I ended up visiting family in australia for awhile, then came back and worked full time then transferred for the spring semester).

It didn't affect my graduation date (because of summer classes and college credit from high school)...so I'm wondering, do I need to explain that time in my personal statement, or can I write about my original topic?

I'm worried that if I stick to my original topic, they'll be wondering where the explanation is for the semester off... :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

Maybe if you talk about that situation in the essay, you can also tie in that it helped you to mature and now you are a stronger candidate. It can also explain some grades that you did not like. If your essay is too many words, than don't add it in. I don't think it will be a big issue that you did not talk about that one semester.
    If you don't tell them about the situation, I'm sure it will come up in the interview. So either way they probably want to know what happened.