Another quick app question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mochafreak

registered quaffer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've gotten my LOR's from my profs. Would it look bad to get an LOR from an ER physician I used to work with when I was a phlebotomist? I think he could write a good LOR about my hand skills, patient care skills, and work ethic, but I'm not sure how schools will view a letter from an MD.

Also, does anyone know if schools will still require us to send transcripts directly to them now that AADSAS is requiring them this year? I'm about to call a couple, but I figured I'd ask first.

Members don't see this ad.

mochafreak said:
Also, does anyone know if schools will still require us to send transcripts directly to them now that AADSAS is requiring them this year? I'm about to call a couple, but I figured I'd ask first.

I only had to send my transcript to the school I will be attending. They will want a final copy of your transcript before you matriculate, so I would guess yes.

A LOR from an ER physician would be fine. As far as transcripts and specific school requirements I would contact them to find out. All schools will want a certified copy of your final transcript prior to matriculation (if you are accepted, that is) so my hunch in 'no' but call them just in case.

Members don't see this ad :)
The purpose of a LOR is not necessarily for a dentist to evaluate your potential for success in dentistry. I think any LOR from someone who knows your work ethic (besides friends/family) and/or level of professionalism is what the admissions office is looking for.

Which ER doc are we talking about? Tenbrink? Leech? Hojnicki?

I don't know if I would trust Tenbrink.....he's a good doc, but he's also quite crazy if you haven't noticed- the whole JFK conspiracy thing and all..... (MochaFreak and I used to work at the same hospital if you haven't guessed). Leech can write awesome LOR's from what I've heard, as can Dr. Hojnicki.

Unfortunately....Tenbrink. I realize he is quite crazy, which is why I've been thinking about it for well over a week. He told me twice while I worked there that he would write me one (without me asking)...it is very scary though. I didn't work with Hojnicki and I don't know about Leech, I really wouldn't be comfortable asking him for one. OK, Steve now you got me worried...more worried I mean...and I can't get much more worried. :scared:

Hmmm, maybe I could ask Tartar. I mostly worked with Tartar, Tenbrink, Goshti (sp?), and Leech.

Dr. Gashti (sp?) is another good choice....but if I had my choice I'd still go with Leech.....