Another random billing question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpineandWine

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My billing department is downgrading some visits so I wanted to get your input

My NP is currently seeing patients, at which point she staffs with me and I go in and evaluate patient/talk to them. What do I need to state in my note so that it can be billed under my name?
They're stating that I need to create a huge discussion point about all the things I independently discussed with patient as addendum. In the past, i've always done some sort of addendum with a dot phrase. Let me know if that's the case or not. I would find it a little redundant to type in a full HPI, physical exam etc. under my name when I'm supervising my NP.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My billing department is downgrading some visits so I wanted to get your input

My NP is currently seeing patients, at which point she staffs with me and I go in and evaluate patient/talk to them. What do I need to state in my note so that it can be billed under my name?
They're stating that I need to create a huge discussion point about all the things I independently discussed with patient as addendum. In the past, i've always done some sort of addendum with a dot phrase. Let me know if that's the case or not. I would find it a little redundant to type in a full HPI, physical exam etc. under my name when I'm supervising my NP.

Thanks
When I do that I just mention something specific about diagnosis and plan to make it clear I didn’t only drop in a template. 2 sentences maybe. Also to prompt my memory on my thought process when I see them later.

you need to note that you saw the patient, that you reviewed the situation with the NP, that you reviewed the NP note and agree.

then, you are supposed to document the medical decision making.

most if what you write in that note will be your MDM. differential, most likely diagnosis, treatment plan. should be 2-3 sentences.

Reactions: 1 user
you need to note that you saw the patient, that you reviewed the situation with the NP, that you reviewed the NP note and agree.

then, you are supposed to document the medical decision making.

most if what you write in that note will be your MDM. differential, most likely diagnosis, treatment plan. should be 2-3 sentences.
Same thing our hospital billers told us.

Reactions: 1 user