Another reason I love SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willdrill4food

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last night I was having a late one getting ready to retake the DAT. I had just about enough of the sciences so I took a break and decided to take a Math Destroyer test. I couldn't remember how many I did the first time I took it.... was it 7 or 8...who knows.... so I said why not start from the back and work my way to the front. I started with test 11 and started asking myself why these problems seemed so hard. I usually fly through them until I hit one that takes a little more thought/work. After 9 problems I figured something was up. Either I was fried and didn't realize it or this test was harder than the others (and the DAT). I checked SDN and felt SOOOOO much better. Low and behold many others had the same experience I did and posted about it. I was like, there is no way I got this rusty on QR with only taking a couple weeks off to study the sciences more thoroughly. I was especially worried because I'm taking it in less than two weeks. I laughed so hard and felt so much better. It was just what I needed. Then I took a Crack PAT test and scored a 25 to encourage myself even more. I'm not sure why I felt like posting this, but it was a crucial moment for my morale. So in general, thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Math Destroyer is killing me lol. I did the QR section on the regular destroyer and it was sooo much easier. I'm hoping the DAT is more like that instead of the Math Destroyer

From my experience and what other people tell me, the difficulty is similar to math destroyer (besides test 11). If you need help, there was a great youtube video with a quick way to memorize and write the unit circle and if you have trouble with probability, permutations, combinations, statistics, etc. you can watch the videos on Khan Academy for help. I also made a list of the equations/formulas/conversions/functions I need to know, and if I ever forget something I rewrite it out. Definitely make a cheat sheet that you plan on writing down during your break and write it out before every practice test you take. You'll have to look back at first to remember, but eventually you wont (hopefully).

i read somewhere earlier that someone thought the QR on the real DAT was easier than the Kaplan QR. The Kaplan QR was about the difficulty level of the QR on the regular Destroyer for me, I'm crossing my fingers for a QR like that instead of the Math Destroyer :(