Another Retake Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDrB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I should probably know this, but could anyone shed some more light on it?

So I'm getting all of my transcripts together and I just realized that I took an Introductory Computing course (CICS 1401) at a community college right out of high school like 15 years ago, but never dropped it - so I have an F in it.

I've never even submitted this transcript to any of the other colleges I've attended over the years, but certainly want to submit it for ethical/legal reasons when I submit my AACOMAS application.

My question is... I've since taken multiple upper-level computer classes, including getting a Master's degree in Technology. I would highly imagine that one of the courses I took would satisfy this entry-level course from so long ago, but it was a 4-hour course and all of my upper-level and graduate courses were only 3-hours, will one of those still replace it?

Members don't see this ad.

No, but it is unlikely adcoms will hold that one bad grade against you, especially with your later success in the subject

Yup. Explain it like you got an F in your very first Intro to Pans class, but went on to earn a Master's in French Cuisine from there on out.

(I must be hungry.)

Oh well, I'll just retake the stupid class. I don't want an F on my record. It's offered online now anyway...just knock it out and move on.