another retake topic..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JourneyRn-MD

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just Curious : ) I am considering some retakes, benefits vs. time/expense

anybody reapplying after retaking some classes?
how much was your gpa improved?
was it worth it?
 
Just Curious : ) I am considering some retakes, benefits vs. time/expense

anybody reapplying after retaking some classes?
how much was your gpa improved?
was it worth it?

Somebody has got to have some answers, but I'll try to add a little till someone more knowledgeable jumps in.

I beleive that with AAMCAS, the new grades after retaking some classes gets averaged into one. So lets say you had a C in O Chem. And you retake it and get an A. Well I think it gets turned into a B on AAMCAS.

With AACOMAS, if the second time you get an A, then your reported grade is an A - hence you have a higher GPA with the AACOMAS system when retaking classes - but if when you retake, and you fail O chem, then your new grade is an F. 😱 So with AACOMAS make sure you do well the second time around.


Hope this helps a little bit.

C&C