Another School for Online Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futuredoc331

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I was just going through the catalog of the school where I was going for my undergrad (business), American Military University or American Public University, and saw that they have a good deal of the science prereqs with labs. They don't have them all, but they do have most. They also have various levels of anatomy & physiology, genetics, and several healthcare related sciences.

I enjoyed going to this school and at 250 per credit hour they aren't too expensive. Books and lab materials are included. They are regionally accredited and I had no problems transferring credits to other schools.
 
Hey guys, I was just going through the catalog of the school where I was going for my undergrad (business), American Military University or American Public University, and saw that they have a good deal of the science prereqs with labs. They don't have them all, but they do have most. They also have various levels of anatomy & physiology, genetics, and several healthcare related sciences.

I enjoyed going to this school and at 250 per credit hour they aren't too expensive. Books and lab materials are included. They are regionally accredited and I had no problems transferring credits to other schools.

Your problem isn't going to be the credit transfer, it's that you 'll have no hands-on experience with these subjects. As a fellow deploying individual (extracted from your AMU enrollment) I'd suggest looking into courses from UMUC or another school that has a campus on-base with labs. Yes, they even exist in AFG so I'm sure you can find one wherever you are.

If you're stateside and stabilized for a while, I'd suggest to looking into community colleges nearby to get your feet wet in doing courses in-person. Another option would be to try going to the local state school. You NEED the interaction with other students and the test-taking in-person to learn to manage your school work-loads. This is coming from someone who is taking all my non-sciences online and plans on going to school in-person for the remainder of my coursework.

Long story short: find a school in your area to take the classes in-person...it's a completely different experience from doing courses online and one you need the experience with to show schools you can be a success in a classroom environment.