Another school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kamboojadesan

kamboojadesan
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am really trying to narrow down my school list and was just wondering if anyone could give me advice and/or suggestions on my list. My stats are 3.3 gpa with ~3.3 sgpa and a 21AA/22TS/22PAT on my DAT. I have roughly 80+ shadowing, 200 volunteering in a dental clinic, and tons of work experience. I am a CA resident.

UCLA ?
UOP ?
USC
UCSF
Western
ASDOH
LECOM
Kentucky or Louisville?
Boston University
Tufts
UNLV
NYU
Temple
Roseman
Case Western
Midwestern-IL
OHSU?
University of Michigan or University of Detroit Mercy?

I'm really trying to cut down to 15-17 schools. Thank you so much for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

I am really trying to narrow down my school list and was just wondering if anyone could give me advice and/or suggestions on my list. My stats are 3.3 gpa with ~3.3 sgpa and a 21AA/22TS/22PAT on my DAT. I have roughly 80+ shadowing, 200 volunteering in a dental clinic, and tons of work experience. I am a CA resident.

UCLA ?
UOP ?
USC
UCSF
Western
ASDOH
LECOM
Kentucky or Louisville?
Boston University
Tufts
UNLV
NYU
Temple
Roseman
Case Western
Midwestern-IL
OHSU?

I'm really trying to cut down to 15-17 schools. Thank you so much for your time!

You could cut down on several expensive private schools, such as Tufts, NYU, Western, etc. Although the gpa is on the lower side, I'm sure you won't have problems landing a couple interviews with your DAT. I think you should focus on the CA schools.

if you want to stay in cali keep UOP and UCLA. UCLA isn't very OOS friendly so that automatically gives you a better shot, and your stats are on par with UOP's average matriculation stats. I agree with above poster, toss out some of those expensive private schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since my GPA is on the lower spectrum, I was considering keeping the private schools just because that's been the general consensus for someone with stats like mine. "apply broadly and to multiple private schools"

Any additional thoughts on the matter? Would it be too risky for me to knock them off my list?

Since my GPA is on the lower spectrum, I was considering keeping the private schools just because that's been the general consensus for someone with stats like mine. "apply broadly and to multiple private schools"

Any additional thoughts on the matter? Would it be too risky for me to knock them off my list?

DAT is great, so definitely if you're financially strapped then the more expensive private ones can go. If not, hell apply errwhere

Hello everyone!

UCLA ?
UOP ?
USC
UCSF
Western
ASDOH
LECOM
Kentucky or Louisville?
Boston University
Tufts
UNLV
NYU
Temple
Roseman
Case Western
Midwestern-IL
OHSU?

Your list looks pretty good to me. Have you considered Loma Linda? Yes definitely keep the Cali schools. I think you could keep OHSU. Not sure about the others. Wait to see what everyone else has to say. These are just my thoughts.