Another set of Chem Problems........

Started by drpduck
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drpduck

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so these are from TS #2 and I can't for the life of me figure them out:

1) An aqueous soluntion has [H+]=4.0x10/\-10, what is [OH-]?



2)What volume of HCL was added if 20 mL of 1M NaOH is titrated with 1M HCl to pH=2?


And also I'm curious for any of you that have taken the DAT already.....is there seriously as much calculation as on TS? That is really killing my time. Thanks!
 
I know the solution for the first quesion.

[H+]*[OH-] = 1 * 10^-14

So, if [H+] = 4*10 ^ -10, then [OH-] = 1/4 * 10^-4 = 0.25 * 10 ^ -4
= 2.5 * 10 ^ -5


I couldn't solve the second question either when I took TS# 2, and would like to know the answer from someone else.