Another Step II Concern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B79N31A28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone kind enough to respond to another med student overly self-conscious about a decreased CK score, could you please tell me your opinion on how a program is likely to view my CK score of 232 which is 21 pts down from my Step 1 score of 253.

Questions: Should I send the score out? How much will it affect me?

Background:
I had to take CK early, because of my school's deadline... my dean threatened to take us off the match list if we missed the CK deadline.

Some programs I've interview at asked about my score, prior to me having recieved it..... should I send the score to these programs?

Like a crazy person I put in my ERAS that I was scheduled to take CK in Nov. 08.

Thx.

Members don't see this ad.

I really hope you also applied to family medicine, because you totally screwed yourself with that score.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone kind enough to respond to another med student overly self-conscious about a decreased CK score, could you please tell me your opinion on how a program is likely to view my CK score of 232 which is 21 pts down from my Step 1 score of 253.

Background:
I had to take CK early, because of my school's deadline... my dean threatened to take us off the match list if we missed the CK deadline.

Some programs I've interview at asked about my score, prior to me having recieved it..... should I send the score to these programs?

Like a crazy person I put in my ERAS that I was scheduled to take CK in Nov. 08.

Thx.

i'm usually hung 14 inches, but last night i had too much to drink and could only get it up to 13.79. will my girlfriend dump me???

Alright fine, my worries are unfounded, atleast now I know that I'm the only one who cares.

Thx 4 the jokes.

Background:

Thx.

I think that i can safely say that you are going to live........

Alright fine, my worries are unfounded, atleast now I know that I'm the only one who cares.

Thx 4 the jokes.

If I interviewed you I would ask why the significant drop in your scores... is this the type of lack of concern and decreasing effort I should expect if you match here? You're not even in residency and you're taking the easy road... Or was a good score a fluke for you?

I had a similar situation. I got a 257 on step I and then took the test early while really busy and posted a 238. It's a lot lower score, but still respectable. I released it before doing any interviews and have not gotten any negative comments about it. One director said, "You have incredible boards score, especially your step I." Another said, "Your average board score is really great." However, if you don't release your score and the programs know you've taken it, their imaginations are free to wander. For all they know, you could've posted a 195 on step II. Release your score and ease their worries.:)

omg QQ...

Background:

Thx.

I had a similar situation. I got a 257 on step I and then took the test early while really busy and posted a 238. It's a lot lower score, but still respectable. I released it before doing any interviews and have not gotten any negative comments about it. One director said, "You have incredible boards score, especially your step I." Another said, "Your average board score is really great." However, if you don't release your score and the programs know you've taken it, their imaginations are free to wander. For all they know, you could've posted a 195 on step II. Release your score and ease their worries.:)

Thanks for your feedback, I think I was looking for someone with a situation similar to mine, just to see what happened. I released my score, it so far it has not been a big deal :)

I had a similar situation. I got a 257 on step I and then took the test early while really busy and posted a 238. It's a lot lower score, but still respectable. ....

"The only way I can feel good about myself is to post to a national forum about how great my scores are. Asking what to do with only a 285 on Step 1 and having only heard from 8 of the 9 most competitive schools in the country? At least I know that my posts are setting me apart from those who really need to worry, and maybe even causing some folks to feel badly about themselves."

/I'm done trolling

yo take it easy his concerns are well founded. he dropped almost 20 points which is almost 1 standard deviation. For sure his scores are great, but i did well on step 1 and to drop by that much would drop my confidence. Granted i cant comment on his chances as I am applying to gas but its not a stupid question and it doesnt sound like he's bragging. I dont mean anything personal but putting people down because their idea of a low score is your idea of a high one isnt cool man.

But seriously i think your fine haha