another... what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gatorgirl316

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, i'm currently in the process of applying to opt school (NOVA, ICO, NECO, SCO, UHCO)... am I too late or do you think I have a shot?

GPA: 3.3
B.S. Nutritional Sciences

OAT:
AA: 350
TS: 360

Have shadowed my cousin who is an optometrist, and will be shadowing another non-family optometrist in 2 weeks hoping to get a LOR. I have done lots of volunteering with various organizations etc...

I am almost done with my personal statement, and am waiting on a LOR.
What are my chances?
Thanks for your input! 🙂
 
I don't know so much about the other schools, but for NOVA and SCO I think you look good. Your OAT scores are very good and your gpa is not bad. I applied in early sept to NOVA and SCO with the following stats and got accepted to NOVA and I have an interview at SCO:

GPA 3.67
B.S. Biology
OAT AA320 TS330<<<<<as you can see very low
***Just call the schools of interest and ask them, they will tell you honetly****
I had decent shadowing experience and really good LORs, but I think my gpa really helped, just as your scores will. GL!