Answered

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toastedbutter

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is why it is wrong to think all adcoms behave the same. I can see both points as being valid, and that's why constructing the "perfect" application really isn't the point. Both seem to have different priorities and so the advice reflects it.

I lean on ditching hobbies in W/A as long as there may be another place to mention them, like a secondary essay prompt. You can consider a similar tactic on your pharmacy experience. That's why I have advisees work on secondary essays first.

This is why it is wrong to think all adcoms behave the same. I can see both points as being valid, and that's why constructing the "perfect" application really isn't the point. Both seem to have different priorities and so the advice reflects it.

I lean on ditching hobbies in W/A as long as there may be another place to mention them, like a secondary essay prompt. You can consider a similar tactic on your pharmacy experience. That's why I have advisees work on secondary essays first.

That's a good point about the secondary essays. How often do schools change their secondary prompts? Would it be fair to start pre-writing without knowing what the prompts for this coming cycle are and going off from last year's?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a good point about the secondary essays. How often do schools change their secondary prompts? Would it be fair to start pre-writing without knowing what the prompts for this coming cycle are and going off from last year's?
Read the article. If you go to the school specific threads, you can tell over the years how often schools modify prompts, though COVID probably made a few add an essay on the pandemic.

I always look forward to Duke, which always releases new thought provoking prompts every year.

Reactions: 1 user
There may be something else you can leave off your app if you’re having trouble staying within 15 activities. If there’s something with less than 100 hours (besides shadowing), I’d lean towards taking that off. If not, you can send a bulleted list and I can see if it makes sense to consolidate a few into 1 slot.

Reactions: 4 users
There may be something else you can leave off your app if you’re having trouble staying within 15 activities. If there’s something with less than 100 hours (besides shadowing), I’d lean towards taking that off. If not, you can send a bulleted list and I can see if it makes sense to consolidate a few into 1 slot.

This. I have worked like 15 different non-clinical jobs and will be figuring out a way to just lump most of them into one section.