Anterior Venous Malformation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jopyne

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Joy from the Philippines. I just want to ask about this Anterior Venous Malformation. My friend's sister, who's only 13, is suffering from this. She passed out one time in a store and was rushed to a hospital. After being confined and series of check ups and tests were made, she was diagnosed to have Anterior Venous Malformation left frontal bleed probably secondary to ruptured. I don't know what this is and that's what I am trying to find out. My friend told me what the doctors told them but still I cannot completely understand. The doctors gave them an option of having a surgery which is quite dangerous and very costly as my friend told me. Their family are not well endowed so they don't have much money for surgery or whatever that has to be done. I wanted to help but then I don't have that much money too so I decided to find out more about this disease and look for any other options that can be done. Could there be a cure? Like medicines or something. Is this disease fatal? Hope you can help me. The little girl still has so much to do in this world. Thank you very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Arteriovenous malformation = AVM. Not anterior venous malformation.

AVMs are abnormal collections of blood vessels that can form tangles in the brain. The blood vessels are fragile, can have very high blood flow, and are prone to bleeding. Bleeding from an AVM can be catastrophic, and can lead to death.

There is no medical therapy. Some AVMs are amenable to radiosurgery, others are treatable with endovascular therapy, and others require open surgery.

Every AVM is unique, and this forum is not intended for the solicitation of medical advice. Recommendations regarding potential therapies for this problem should be left to the patient's physicians -- anything else would be pure speculation.

The SDN forums are not intended for medical advice or discussion of patient medical conditions with patients. Closing this thread. Please consult a physician.

Status
Not open for further replies.