Antibiotic chart

Started by 28657
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2

28657

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know where I could find a simple chart that lists all of the antibiotics, their drug class and the major bugs they target? There has to be one on the internet somewhere!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks Anna and Gravy, both of those links are pretty good. I really wanted a simple chart so I could remember something like what the difference is between a carbapenem and an aminoglycoside when I was studying last night. I took my test this morning and I think it went ok. 👍

I have the mini Sanford guide but I've been too intimidated to open it up, maybe I should take a look at it. 😉
 
The Sanford guide is pretty much the bible for antibiotic selection. The Antimicrobial Spectra tables on page 52 are probably what you are looking for. I just got the 2004 edition and it's already looking pretty ratty.
 
Learn to use the Sanford. In every hospital I've been at, like Gravy said, it is considered gospel. One lives in my lab coat at all times (next to some melty Jolly Ranchers).