Antibiotic guide?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wAyRadikull

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm looking for an antibiotic guide to use on the wards. My trial version of Epocrates Essential just ran out. I looked at Sanford and John Hopkins, but I'm broke as a joke and would rather use a bit cheaper (or better yet free!) source. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations? Thanks.
 
So I'm looking for an antibiotic guide to use on the wards. My trial version of Epocrates Essential just ran out. I looked at Sanford and John Hopkins, but I'm broke as a joke and would rather use a bit cheaper (or better yet free!) source. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations? Thanks.

I use a program called Merck Medicus (google it). As the 2010 Sanford's come out, you might be able to get the 2009 version for cheap/free from someone.
 
I bought the Sanford Guide paper version for like 15 bucks new, and it was well worth it. I bet you can find last year's version for 5-10 bucks on Amazon. Really an awesome book to have in your pocket for writing a/p's and rounds.