Anxiety Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperC

SuperC DMD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Then…
I smiled everyday, I used to call people just to tell them how great the day was, I truly enjoyed life.

Now…
I am tired every day, I have a long list of people I want to choke. My heart rate has not been below 200bpm in 4 months.

I pray that this is the first and last time I have to apply to dental school.

Deep breaths….
-C

Members don't see this ad.

SuperC said:
Then…
I smiled everyday, I used to call people just to tell them how great the day was, I truly enjoyed life.

Now…
I am tired every day, I have a long list of people I want to choke. My heart rate has not been below 200bpm in 4 months.

Deep breaths….
-C
LOL, I hear you.

"Anxiety" doesn't even begin to cover it. I have noticed that I am so frickin' exhausted I am snipping at everyone for no reason whatsoever. I have had a splitting headache for... who knows how long now because all I do is think about December 1st. I think my muscles are even getting sore or something from worrying...is that even possible? This is crazy, I mean really, what is going on here? I am usually so easy going and now I feel like I am teetering on the edge of insanity or something. Make it stop, please!

Members don't see this ad :)
The funny thing is that when we all finally get into ds that we will be ten thousand times more stressed and tired and grumpy.... ahhh the joys of being a student. What we really should be looking forward to is graduating from dental school ;) not just the 'small; (ha ha) step of getting accepted.

on the brighter side..fall term is flying by, (unfortunatly so are my grades)

For nutrition class i had to measure my blood pressure for a project... it was 162/96.

THAT IS HYPERTENSION!!!! I am extremely fit and have had notoriously low blood pressure my whole life... I cannot wait until this is over.

I also would like to add this: I know dental school is going to be hell and hard and all that crap... but that is something we can all control. This ordeal is out of our hands and, for me at least, that is the most stressing.

Hey every1 obviously we are all in the same boat when it comes to bieng stressed as hell. I found....not confort....but the mild absence of stress by indulging myself in the class work that I have to get done this semester. For some, it works, others..it doesnt..do what works..good luck. :)

i second that!! this is taking too darn long. i'm having trouble sleeping and i've wanted to kill the people i usually love talking to.

this waiting thing sucks!!

and the 4 exams and two papers before next week doesn't help at all....

:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

mcshow2 said:
For nutrition class i had to measure my blood pressure for a project... it was 162/96.

THAT IS HYPERTENSION!!!! I am extremely fit and have had notoriously low blood pressure my whole life... I cannot wait until this is over.

I also would like to add this: I know dental school is going to be hell and hard and all that crap... but that is something we can all control. This ordeal is out of our hands and, for me at least, that is the most stressing.

holy cow dude u need to relax and get that BP down.....my doc says i'm a little high at 135/85

mcshow2 said:

Unfortunately, much of dental school is completely out of your control. This is especially true in years 3 and 4 when you get into clinic full time. In addition, you are at the mercy of your removable faculty. :scared:

yeah... just wait until you guys are in dental school... you will be 1000x more tired and stressed than ever before guaranteed. this is what you have to look forward to :)

mcshow2 said:

162 is pretty freaking high. Maybe the girl taking your bp was Penelope Cruz. Or maybe she was dim and and didn't know what the ---- she was doing. Or maybe it was a guy and I'm out in left field.

LESS THAN 2 WEEKS TO GO! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!< 2 WEEKS!

I have only lost a couple hours of sleep...i usually have to go downstairs and play solitaire to calm my brain. My grades are swell this semester, and I haven't even been trying...can't explain that one.

Otherwise I am in need of a good massage...

SuperC said:
Then…

Now…

Deep breaths….
-C
i'm with all of you .. I have a big list of people to thank if infact i got in this year! Thinking about all of this (putting aside the cost) is making me soo nervous.