Nov 15, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone!
I just want to note, I'm not actually asking for medical advice, I just want to find out if there would be any consequences down the line if I went on medication.

I was given the option to start taking a mild SSRI like Zoloft by my counselor to help better manage my general anxiety. Could this pose a problem in the future like when it comes to getting into schools or state licensure or anything? I'd hate to put all this work into getting into dental school and end up not being able to go through with some part of the process. I haven't made a decision one way or another, and for the sake of the future I'm considering continuing with just the counseling.

Thanks a lot guys! If there's a thread about this that I missed in my search, please let me know, and sorry in advance!

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
Shouldn't you be taking medical advice from medical professionals?

OP
Funfish
Nov 15, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
My medical concerns about the drugs I have discussed with a doctor.

But this wasn't my question. My question was whether having been treated with medication for anxiety would pose a problem when it comes to getting into a school or a license to practice if I have to disclose that information. My doctor didn't know.

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
But this wasn't my question. My question was whether having been treated with medication for anxiety would pose a problem when it comes to getting into a school or a license to practice if I have to disclose that information. My doctor didn't know.
Unless and until you resolve your medical issues you may not need to worry about either.

7 Iron

5+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2010
Status
Dentist
My medical concerns about the drugs I have discussed with a doctor.

Hey, I would ask this on the dental student or the practicing dentist board for better responses to your question!