Anxious about getting in

Started by Luckybo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Luckybo

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. I'm new here.

I'm pretty nervous about applying to pharmacy school this cycle since I've retaken 4 classes.
I have my BS in biology.

Intro bio 2 - C+; Retook and got A at CC after graduating
Gen chem 1/lab - WF; B/B+ (WF and B in lecture, lab just B+) same institution
A&P - B-;A- same institution

Bio 1 was a B+, micro was a C+, and precalc was a C; didn't retake any of these

I failed a non pre reqs science course and retook it at the same institution and got an A

I started doing better after that F.

cGPA is 3.55
sGPA is 3.38 the F brings it down quite a bit 🙁


I scored 90+ composite on the pcat scores of 95+ in bio and chem. Will my poor grades be an issue? I'm applying to Michigan and Ohio schools. Should i be worried? I have 400+ hours volunteering in healthcare settings and 500+ pharmacy technician hours and I'm a certified tech as well.
 
Last edited:
Should be fine with a high cumulative and science GPA. Your PCAT and volunteering makes your app strong.
 
i'm applying this year too and i'd be applying to UCSF with your stats. it's solid.