Anxious about Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiethela

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Patience is a virtue.

Here's my situation right now:

Applied to 19 schools, 2 IIs (Both with LizzyM 8 points or more lower than my LizzyM), 1 pre-interview hold (Pritzker), 1 rejection (BU). Completed Mid August, with the last school in early September. Haven't heard back from the other 15 schools.

Brief stats:

3.81 cgpa
3.86 sgpa
36 mcat
trad

3 years of leadership in volunteering society + volunteering (free clinic), 2 years of research with a grant & one first-author publication rolling out right now, teaching for 2 years, plus other ECs/Interesting Background/No honors that are nationally famous
==

I know people will jump on me for saying this, but I am starting to worry a little that I might not be able to have a shot at any of the Top 20 med schools.

Regarding the delay this year, Is "right now until end of October" still early in terms of schools handing out interview invitations? I see people who were complete a month after me getting an interview, and saying they only saw end of November-December spots. Since January/February Interviews are extremely hard to get, does this mean I'm hopeless now?