• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

DPT2023Grad

Feb 1, 2021
I start PT school in a little over a month and I am super excited because I have waited for this moment for a long time! My excitement has been accompanied by some anxiety about the difficulty of PT school and my ability to succeed. I have always done exceedingly well in school and have never worried about any particular class so I do not understand where this anxiety is coming from.
I know PT school will be much more challenging than anything I have ever done academically, but for some reason, in my head, I feel like it will be even harder than I am imagining. I know this is an overreaction, but I was wondering if anybody else has dealt/dealing with the same feeling and if people can give some insight as to how they overcame some of the similar anxieties that I am having! Thanks in advance!

kdubz7w7

2+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Physical Therapist
I start PT school in a little over a month and I am super excited because I have waited for this moment for a long time! My excitement has been accompanied by some anxiety about the difficulty of PT school and my ability to succeed. I have always done exceedingly well in school and have never worried about any particular class so I do not understand where this anxiety is coming from.
I know PT school will be much more challenging than anything I have ever done academically, but for some reason, in my head, I feel like it will be even harder than I am imagining. I know this is an overreaction, but I was wondering if anybody else has dealt/dealing with the same feeling and if people can give some insight as to how they overcame some of the similar anxieties that I am having! Thanks in advance!
They would not have accepted you if they did not think you were capable.

We all went through it, or most of us I would imagine. It is hard, a lot harder than UG, or my master's. You'll figure it out and adapt.

I will say........please, please, do not worry about your grades in DPT school. Just aim to pass. Absolutely no one will care if you have a high GPA. If you get a B on an exam, or an entire class, it does not matter. It's a little jarring initially when you're used to getting all A's or close enough, but you only need to stay in the program, there is no benefit to getting all A's.

I think it's normal to feel anxious, and that's okay. It just means it's important to you :) but try to not worry. You will absolutely adapt and be fine.

Congrats & good luck!

Reactions: 1 user

DPT2023Grad

Feb 1, 2021
They would not have accepted you if they did not think you were capable.

We all went through it, or most of us I would imagine. It is hard, a lot harder than UG, or my master's. You'll figure it out and adapt.

I will say........please, please, do not worry about your grades in DPT school. Just aim to pass. Absolutely no one will care if you have a high GPA. If you get a B on an exam, or an entire class, it does not matter. It's a little jarring initially when you're used to getting all A's or close enough, but you only need to stay in the program, there is no benefit to getting all A's.

I think it's normal to feel anxious, and that's okay. It just means it's important to you :) but try to not worry. You will absolutely adapt and be fine.

Congrats & good luck!
Thank you so much! You're right, it is very important to me! Thank you for the advice!

Reactions: 1 user

salami96

2+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. DPT / OTD
I graduated PT school this may 2021 and I remember being so anxious. You'll do fine, trust me. It'll seem daunting at first but you'll get the hang of things within a couple weeks. If it was truly super hard to pass, then schools would have a high failing rate, kick out many students, and lose out on tuition money.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.