Anxious about Step Study Plan - Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mehd School

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Planning on doing pretty much this during my dedicated time, plus sketchy: https://www.reddit.com/r/medicalsch..._usmle_or_how_i_learned_to_stop_worrying_and/

My question is about my studies leading up to dedicated. Going to start "lightly" studying in January. Goal is to complete one chapter of FA and pathoma per week. By complete, I mean two passes of reading the chapter, all Rx questions done, and either all anki cards made or flash facts done (accidentally bought flash facts, but actually like it. Don't like the interface though). I learn really well by making my own anki cards, but flash facts is a lot more convenient. I'm hoping that I can get passed the UI issue and incorporate it into daily studies to nail down FA.

By the time I finish UsmleRx, I should have 2 passes of FA completed, and 6+ passes of anki/flash fact cards done. Then I'll move over to my first pass of Uworld.

I'm a DO student that has done well in preclinicals (A's and B's). I feel pretty good about all covered subjects this year. I have some glaring weaknesses from MS1 (immuno, biochem) that will need a lot of work.

Longterm goals are ACGME gas program, so I'd like to shoot for the ~250 range to be comfortable. A week after USMLE I'll take COMLEX, and I'm not really worried about my score on that so long as I pass.

Is what I'm planning realistic?

Members don't see this ad.

Very similar schedule. How many pages of FA is that a day? Your schedule seems good and doable. Are you only doing uworld once?

This sounds like something similar to what I want to do. I have a question though, would you continue with your daily anki cards/flash facts (just keep adding them to your daily amount)? Or would you do the anki cards and flash facts weekly and "return" to them when you get back to studying that chapter for the week?