Anxious after DO interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VisenyaTargaryen

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my first II last week at my dream school. I think it went well ( although could have gone better). I was prepared, but not robotic, was making eye contact with my interviewers the whole time. I got asked 4-5 questions, 3 of which I feel like I answered very professionally and detailed, while the other 2 were kind of surprising, and being a non-native English speaker, I needed a minute to gather my words and answer. The MMI was acting-based and I feel like I aced the MMI.

Now I am having so much anxiety and doubt, What if I get rejected????? This is my dream school and I would looooove to go here.

Statwise, I have a 3.8 GPA, 508MCAT, bunch of hours of DO shadowing, 2xx hours of volunteering and almost 1000 hours of clinical work as a medical assistant.,

I guess I need some encouraging and motivational words from you guys, otherwise, I am becoming this neurotic person with a plummeting self-esteem.

Members don't see this ad.

I bet you did great and made a great impression and are now over analyzing! The good thing is that it is over and the decision is out of your control. You prepared and made the most of your opportunity and now you just have to play the waiting game. From your stats listed it seems like you are a strong candidate especially for DO schools. Hopefully you get good news and land an A at your dream school, good luck!

Your stats looks good and I think you will hear good news soon. They are aware that candidate gets nervous and it's totally fine to think and pause for few sends before you answer. All the best!!

Reactions: 1 user
I had my first II last week at my dream school. I think it went well ( although could have gone better). I was prepared, but not robotic, was making eye contact with my interviewers the whole time. I got asked 4-5 questions, 3 of which I feel like I answered very professionally and detailed, while the other 2 were kind of surprising, and being a non-native English speaker, I needed a minute to gather my words and answer. The MMI was acting-based and I feel like I aced the MMI.

Now I am having so much anxiety and doubt, What if I get rejected????? This is my dream school and I would looooove to go here.

Statwise, I have a 3.8 GPA, 508MCAT, bunch of hours of DO shadowing, 2xx hours of volunteering and almost 1000 hours of clinical work as a medical assistant.,

I guess I need some encouraging and motivational words from you guys, otherwise, I am becoming this neurotic person with a plummeting self-esteem.
What's done is done and you can't do anything now. Also, most people are bad judges of their interview performance.

So focus on the next interview and the future.