1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anxious and concerned

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by docveda, Dec 7, 2005.

1. docveda

docveda Member
    7+ Year Member

Now that UNC has sent out their first round of acceptances, i want to know if they have called everyone they are going to or if there is a chance of them calling tommorrow. For unfortunate people like myself, how much of a chance do we have of getting accepted in the second half since the competition will be tougher. I am really very disappointed. I am going to go and put my head in the pillow now... :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WhoooaaaBUNDY

WhoooaaaBUNDY Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i'm with you.

i asked this question in the other thread, but do nonresidents still have a good shot at the second round? we were told at the interview that they don't pursue out-of-state students as much for the following rounds because they rarely accept that late. if they sent out 12 nonres acceptances today, will there be 12 more in february?

looks like i'm throwing down $750 somewhere else and still hoping for another couple of months.

4. HermeytheElf

HermeytheElf Guest

Pre-Dental
    I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but whats so great about UNC? How is it any better than most of the other schools out there other than the fact that its next to impossible to get into unless you're from the great state of North Carolina. If you are holding an acceptance in your hand, why not take it instead of holding out for UNC?

5. WhoooaaaBUNDY

WhoooaaaBUNDY Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I feel like the school/state is the best fit for me, I'm not a fan of big cities, you can get instate res after a year ... and their basketball team is sweet.

6. twofast2s

twofast2s 10+posts
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i haven't really look at the programs from other states as much as i have at UNC, but it's something i would adapt well to.

the basketball team is great (although i'm not a big fan of sports b/c it's almost impossible to study on campus when there's a game), and the environment and social life is just as great. lot of liberals..

UNC is THE BEST school for me over harvard because it's my hometown, and i've grown to love. people here are relaxed, but also very professional. (i'm sure other schools are too, but i'm biased)

as far as the acceptances go, the rate of admission for out of state, i'd say, is relatively slim on the second round of admission unless those who are accepted all decided to go somewhere else. 12 candidates are accepted, and there are proabably 3 more slots left. (just doing random math here, so don't quote me on it).
    for instaters such as myself, have about same probability or tad bit lower chance of admission (again, random math). but don't get your hopes down. once you're in school somewhere, you'll be happy because it's not all about school, but about dentistry.

i'd like to give you my best of wishes and luck!! at least you have a safety school now.