Any 3rd Time Applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

365preDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone a 3rd time applicant or know of any 3rd time applicants?

(I am on 4 wait lists currently, and I want to be prepared for the worst by making myself a better applicant.)

My fear is that I will bother the therapists I have observed by making them complete PTCAS for the third time (and any other paper applications), and it will be difficult to get ahold of the professors I used to know well.

Did anyone have these troubles or any other issues?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying for a third time as well. I'm on one waitlist and also preparing for the worst. I understand your trepidation with asking for another letter of recommendation. I'm concerned about having to do that myself for a fourth time on the next cycle.

More power to you for sticking to it. I was so completely done with the application process with all the waiting and what not so I can't imagine doing it four times. Good luck. I'm sure the letter writers will understand. I mean, they are only writing you one letter per year, it's not necessarily taxing lol. Just be open right now and say there's a chance you will have to apply a fourth time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think nicolej5 is right . They will understand and should have no problem writing another LOR . You might consider volunteering or pt aide in a new setting ( settings ) that you haven't observed yet. This will help round out your application and could provide you with fresh LOR. Also look for some community service type volunteering if you are lacking.

Im in your exact situation OP. Sucks but determination is key.