any advance standing students going to NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vishal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,i am going to NYU so i would like to know any other advance standing people going to NYU,cos i just wanted to discuss about the housing options we have out there.if somebody out there has decided something about it and would like to share it,it would be great.take care.

Members don't see this ad.

hi Vishal

I presume you were admitted for advanced standing.When did u attend the interview and also do they still have any space left for advanced standing in NYU for this year? I also applied over there.What was there cut off part 1 score?
thanks

hi guru,
i directly got letter of acceptance from NYU and i guess the cut-off is 81 or 82 but it is for people who did there part 1 in july cos NYU is first come first served and i think intrws are going to be till april.dont worry u will get it may be in a month or so cos lot of people drop-out also from there.best of luck to u.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello Dr. Vishal,
How long did it take NYU to process your application? Could you please tell me something about their interview? I am also a foreign dental graduate from india.

hi to u guys,
i applied in oct of 2001 and then i got acceptance letter from them about a month back.i think the info i have from other people they are taking intrws also and they will go ontill april end cos lot of people decline there seats cos they get a 2 year prog cos NYU is a 3 yr prog now.i hope this clears some doubts and u should wait cos they say anything above 81 is okay in NYU.

hi
vishal
I have a couple of questions to u if can help me! I got intyo nyu .I want to abt all the formalities.Like now i am on h4.Beore i get my f1 i am planning to visit india once.
did u ge ur f1?How long does it take.
have u done all the research abt nyu.I am pretty nervous abt huge amt $$$.Should we start collecting teeth.
what is this orientation prgram is all abt?
is there any thingelse i need to know abt?
:p :clap: :rolleyes: thx