Any Advice on Publishing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGreatHallux

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I will be a first year POD student at D and was wondering if anyone had any advice on publishing a case study. I have the case from a podiatrist I am shadowing however I am not sure what journal to publish it in. I was wanting to submit it to American Journal of Podiatric Medicine but if anyone can give me some advice on this i would really appreciate it. I did a lot of research during my undergrad but when it came to publishing the PI took care of everything, I just did the research and collected the data.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I will be a first year POD student at D and was wondering if anyone had any advice on publishing a case study. I have the case from a podiatrist I am shadowing however I am not sure what journal to publish it in. I was wanting to submit it to American Journal of Podiatric Medicine but if anyone can give me some advice on this i would really appreciate it. I did a lot of research during my undergrad but when it came to publishing the PI took care of everything, I just did the research and collected the data.

Send me a message or an email, happy to advise …

Members don't see this ad :)
Is JAPMA no longer indexed in PubMed? I had a paper published there that never made it on there somehow.

It is. Email Noelle in the staff office. She can help. Sometimes they get delayed because they are queued based on issues. Technically we only have 6 issues a year, so they get assigned an issue then indexed.

Hi everyone,
First off, Congratulations on your acceptance and it's great that you already have the case! 2nd year POD student at Western University College of Podiatric Medicine. I would definitely reach out to any Podiatric research-related clubs or research mentors you have at your university. They would be able to point you in the right direction. At WesternU, I've taken advantage of these resources and was able to publish in the Journal of the International Foot & Ankle Foundation. That's definitely one journal you can look into. Best of luck with everything!