Any Advice?

Started by d231044
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

d231044

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would just like a little insight as to what people think my chances are for getting into pharmacy school. I currently hold a bachelors and a master's degree in psychology. My GPA in my bachelor's is not too great...(mainly a C average)...but my GPA in graduate school is a 3.6. I've taken the following classes so far: Org Chem 1 and 2 (A in both) Biology 1 and 2 (A in both) Gen Chem 1 and 2 (C in both)
Statistics (A) Calculus (B)...and i plan on taking Microbiology and physics (physics over again because i got a C-). I am also a certified pharmacy technician and have been working in a Walgreens pharmacy as a tech for over a year now...I'm also a member of my schools pharmacy club.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I'm also taking the PCAT in January...

Thank you!!
 
I would just like a little insight as to what people think my chances are for getting into pharmacy school. I currently hold a bachelors and a master's degree in psychology. My GPA in my bachelor's is not too great...(mainly a C average)...but my GPA in graduate school is a 3.6. I've taken the following classes so far: Org Chem 1 and 2 (A in both) Biology 1 and 2 (A in both) Gen Chem 1 and 2 (C in both)
Statistics (A) Calculus (B)...and i plan on taking Microbiology and physics (physics over again because i got a C-). I am also a certified pharmacy technician and have been working in a Walgreens pharmacy as a tech for over a year now...I'm also a member of my schools pharmacy club.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I'm also taking the PCAT in January...

Thank you!!

I think you have a great chance. I hear a masters is kind of like hitting the reset button on your gpa so the fact that you have a 3.6 in your masters program is a plus. Also, I think adcoms will like that you have a masters because it shows you can handle graduate level work and can still maintain excellent grades. Although your undergraduate grades weren't good you clearly proved yourself with your improvement during your masters program.

Your pre-requiste grades are great just make sure to keep them up. I dont know how your pcat is but if you scored anything better than a 75 than I am almost positive you will have a great chance in pharmacy school depending on where you apply. How are your EC and LORs? I would be pretty confident if I was you. Best of luck to ya.