Any August MCATers got UC 2daries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all really...

Members don't see this ad.

Received them so far from SD, SF, LA. However, I'm a third-timer w/ the mcat. From speaking w/ these schools, the impression I got was that since my previous scores aren't stellar, they gave me the benefit of the doubt and sent me 2ndaries based on the strength of my overall app. This was definitely something new I learned in the process. Davis and Irvine, though, might be waiting for Aug scores. Drew seems behind the other programs.

So it appears that it's not necessarily a taboo to take the mcat 3 times. Applying early is a blessing, I have to admit. I thought my friends were crazy when they told me to apply the first week, but it's been great getting 2ndaries back early. Hope this helps, Wonderboy! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info Nefertari :)

Anyone else who was an August MCATer, but *hadn't* done the MCAT before also got UCSF or UCLA secondaries?

Um, I don't think UCSF is even sending out secondaries yet... are you guys SURE you aren't talking about THEIR version of the primary app?

Originally posted by kreno
Um, I don't think UCSF is even sending out secondaries yet... are you guys SURE you aren't talking about THEIR version of the primary app?

No, we're not. What makes you think they aren't sending secondaries? If you read the thread on secondaries received or this one specifically about UCSF:

http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42736

you will see that several people have definitely received it.

Besides I personally know someone who has received the secondary. But they are an April MCATer.

Still interested in hearing from 1st time August MCATers with UC 2ndaries...

I don't think UCSF is even sending out secondaries yet..

they definately sent it out to april mcaters at least (check and sign stuff unless you are disadvantaged or mstp). none of my august mcatting friends have recieved it yet.
-jot