Any better interest rate than mine?

Started by gegogi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gegogi

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fed.Direct Stafford Loan $ 4,229.00

Direct Unsub.Stafford Loan $ 15,920.00

Fed.Direct Grad.Plus Loan $ 29,494.00

Above is the exact amount of money I owed this semester.

Fed. Direct is 4.5% and Unsub. is 6.8% and the grad. plus is 7.9%

They are extremely high I guess than what it used to be.

If anyone who know the better option, let me know please.
I have a US citizenship and credit is good, too. Co-signer? I have one.

Thanks!
 
I guess a home equity loan or line of credit would be at a lower interest rate right now (assuming you have property you can borrow against). The problem will be that the rates are usually variable and you may end up in a worse positon later on (plus there is no such thing as deferment or forebarance, and they will take your property if you don't pay). Considering these are unsecured loans with pretty lenient repayment terms, the interest rate is not bad.