Any body care to list their acceptance with really low mcat's and gpa..please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loverboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there is any hope for me cause my science gpa is 3.08 not to mention that I have 3 more tough classes to go and have not took mcats yet. I'm taking em in august..anybody got accepted with 3.0 or around there..would be great if you guys can help me.
love from lover boy

Members don't see this ad.

A low GPA can be balanced with a decent MCAT. My overall science GPA was a 3.14/4.00. Orgo was a 2.33. Physics was a 2.5. Bio was 3.2.... I raised my GPA with easy science classes i.e. nutrition and atmospheric sciences. Also, some schools value the MCAT more then GPA and vise versa.

I got 6 interviews and 2 acceptances. Also, if you go to a top 25 college or engineering/physical science, there is a multipliation factor to normalize your GPA with state schools.

undergrad:2.25, Master:3.79 (i think AACOMAS calculated both as 2.9), MCAT: 28
20 application, 1 acceptance........GOOD LUCK

Members don't see this ad :)
PUppy luv
You give so much hope with you score. I was wondering if you can tell us which school accepted you.
Congratulations and good luck doc

some of you guys didn't report mcat scores please answer in complete.. thanx alot

some of you guys didn't report mcat scores please answer in complete.. thanx alot

and also what got u in, if it wasnt ur academics or mcats. Also, what schools accepted u ?

hey yall, i had a 3.4 gpa and a 23 on the mcat and i applied to i think 7 schools and got into 4.....mcat didnt mean everything, thank god!! hope this helps

sorry, the schools i got into were azcom, unecom, wvcom, and tucom...i got waitlisted at pcom, nycom, and nova....ps however i learned a lesson, dont tell the interview person you dont like their attitude, unless you already a)dont like their school or b)got into somehwere you already liked a lot...hope that helps

If you do a search of topics like this one I am sure that you will see my screen name, but I will post again if it gives hope (or a good laugh) to anyone interested.

My cumulative gpa-2.97
science gpa: 3.03
my mcat scores 25

I applied to 4, interviewed at 2 and was accepted at AZCOM

I have been out of school for a few years working in health care and continuing to do a lot of community service, including abraod. My undergraduate career was an old story of wine, women, and song. But I tried to stay well roanded and make up for my pathetic scholastic achievements in many other areas. If you want it bad enough you will find a way, and they will see it. However, much anxiety would have been prevented had I done better when it counted.

:p

If you do a search of topics like this one I am sure that you will see my screen name, but I will post again if it gives hope (or a good laugh) to anyone interested.

My cumulative gpa-2.97
science gpa: 3.03
my mcat scores 25

I applied to 4, interviewed at 2 and was accepted at AZCOM

I have been out of school for a few years working in health care and continuing to do a lot of community service, including abraod. My undergraduate career was an old story of wine, women, and song. But I tried to stay well roanded and make up for my pathetic scholastic achievements in many other areas. If you want it bad enough you will find a way, and they will see it. However, much anxiety would have been prevented had I done better when it counted.

:p

Thanx alot guys..we need some more ppl..you guys are owesome..

all i have to say is that if u get an interview, that means ur almost in...regardless of what ur mcat score or grades were, just make sure you impress the hell out of the adcomms and let them know u want to be a doc more than anyone else. sell yourself cuz this is the only time where ur more than just a bunch of numbers. my mcat scores werent that great and my gpa was avg of med school students but i got an ass load of interviews. I went to only 4 of them and was accepted to 3 schools very early in the process. The interview is important as hell. just make sure u kick ass.

I was accepted to Ohio University (OUCOM) with a 3.92 GPA and a 21 MCAT. I also had received interviews at Lake Erie and Des Moines with those stats. I then received my August MCAT score of 28 and have received interviews at Nova, Kirksville, Cincinnati, Case Western, and Medical College of Ohio. I declined my interviews at Lake Erie, Des Moines, Nova and Kirksville because I want to stay in Ohio. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

I was accepted at AZCOM, Des Moines, and Kirksville. I declined interviews at CCOM and PCOM. My overall GPA is a 3.6 and my science is a 3.5 with a pretty low MCAT........23.

I really think it's all in how you present yourself at your interviews. Good luck to everyone!!

hi. hallaljello..what was your stats..eg, mcat scores and gpa.

OK I got a 23 on the MCAT's I have a 3.4 total gpa. Not too much extra stuff except I showdowed a DO. I sent secondaries to 9 schools got interviewed at 5(declined kirksville) and got into 3 (PCOM, LECOM DES MOINES)Waiting on one.

When your numbers don't shine you better make damn sure you shine at the interview. Good luck!

4 years ago
3.65 undergrad
3.5 professional
3.9 grad
MCAT 27