any body heard of NVCP yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minoos

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I interviewed at NVCP more than 2 months ago, but i havent heard anything yet. Is there any body out there that has recieved anything from NVCP?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still waiting to hear too but I interviewed a little more recently on March 17. I think Dr. DeYoung said that he was going to try to have decisions done by end of May (but hopefully sooner).

Hello, I am very new to this forum. However, I came across this thread and I would like to know if either of you have heard from the school. I was put on a waiting list b/c I did not turn in a completed transcript (forgot to have last fall's sent in). I hope I still have a chance at starting this fall though :( ....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, i heard from them the second week of april. I'm still deciding if i should go here or Washington State. Check out my other thread "Does it really matter what school?" and give me your much appreciated opinions. Good luck to you guys!

does anyone know how early NVCP opened its application cyle for this past year? or when it usually opens its application cycle?
thanks for any input.

Just thought I'd chime in on this thread since I stumbled across this site and saw "NVCP" in the discussion. I am currently one of the faculty members employed by NVCP. While I have no administrative role in admissions, I have participated in student interviews over the last 3 years and the faculty are involved in admission decisions.

Application materials usually become available in early Fall (September/October at the latest). We have interviewed as early as December but this past year we started in mid January.

For those of you who have already interviewed, if you are ON the waiting list, you do still have a chance of getting in. We enroll students from the waiting list every year; how many students really depends on a lot of factors. We interviewed > 200 students but got applications from > 1000 students. This is the most competitive year we have had EVER.

The post that mentioned something about transcripts...If you are on the waiting list, get your transcript sent to the college IMMEDIATELY. It may affect whether you get in or not!

For the student debating whether to go to WSU. I have to say (although VERY biased), the one student I have worked with from WSU was lacking knowledge significantly compared to the students I work with at NVCP. Besides, we are only a 3 year program :oops:

Wow, one of my professors is posting :oops: ... this is, um, a little awkward?! :)

Welcome to the forum, Katrinka! I hope you continue to post here, not only because you are a professor from my school, but because your insight into clinical pharmacy practice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your post Katrinka, the information you supplied is greatly appreciated.

Hmm so faculty members do see this forum :eek: That'll teach us to behave!
Thanks for your very informative post though! :thumbup:

You sound just a tad bitter. ;) In any case, good luck with pharm school admissions this year. :luck:

Oh, by the way, I've tried to be as helpful as I can to you and to many people in this forum. Please be polite and offer constructive criticism where it warrants without resorting to condescension.

rxforlife2004 said:
And if what I think is wrong, then I apologize for it. So far, I am sure nothing is wrong.... :laugh:

You do sound a little cocky there Rx! ;) Grades and PCAT scores aren't everything. If those were the only two factors used in choosing candidates, there would be no need for the interview or admissions essay. You might have left the adcom with a negative impression after your interview. It's very important for pharmacists to speak coherently and correctly.
It's also important to learn how to persuade others without coming across as arrogant. Your post to Katrinka wasn't mature and it's hard to make others think what you think if you're bitter (you don't want to put people on the defensive). You DO have some valid points (i.e. rolling admissions concern), but the manner in which you presented your problem muddled it.
Hmm, I hope I don't put you on the defensive now. :oops: Good luck with wherever you end up. :thumbup:

i second that...i think personality is as important as grades...a pharmacist needs to be approachable and able to translate knowledge/info. in a helpful manner to their patients...grades aren't everything!!! :)