Any Canadian DAT takers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arkragon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, at least for me, the Feb DAT results came out, but I don't know how competitive I'll be for the Canadian schools like Western or UofT?

I've seen a lot of stuff about the American DAT, but not so much about the Canadian one, so I'm hoping to test my luck here.

My sciences were pretty good, but PAT, RC, and definitely MDT looks low in my opinion. Do they just look at TS and AA or do they look at individual scores?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob in the dental side of things.

Others can post their scores if they want to as well.

Thanks!

If you're wondering what my scores are (with cum% beside it):

RC: 20 - 80%
BIO: 27 - 100%
CHEM: 30 - 100%
TS: 29 - 100%
AA: 26 - 100%
PAT: 21 - 86% (ran out of time so I quickly scribbled the last 5 questions)
MDT: 16 - 81% (total score can be 30, so 16 seems really really low despite the "81%")

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks good. Comes down to your GPA (UofT) or % average and ECs and personal statement (UWO).

Your scores look good! getting 100% is amazing, I wouldn't worry about your DAT scores being competitive or not. If you don't mind me asking, how did you study for the Bio and Chem? I took the same DAT as you (assuming you took it at UofT), I made 18 on bio and chem although I thought I did a lot better... ended up with 21PAT.

Your scores look good! getting 100% is amazing, I wouldn't worry about your DAT scores being competitive or not. If you don't mind me asking, how did you study for the Bio and Chem? I took the same DAT as you (assuming you took it at UofT), I made 18 on bio and chem although I thought I did a lot better... ended up with 21PAT.

I didn't do anything particularly special. I just read through the Kaplan book (my only source of studying for the DAT) and took notes for about 1-2 months. Then on test day I quickly skimmed through all my notes.

I did the MCAT a while back a couple times so that probably contributed to helping me with solidifying my studies.

During the DAT I thought the science questions were much easier than what I had expected (MCAT passage types), although I did guess for a few of them. RC (first passage was brutal) and PAT (ran out of time) were harder though imo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your scores are really good! Don't worry about the MDT since a lot of schools don't really care about it anymore anyway and if you decide to apply to US they don't care about it either

Mine came in. Not the best of scores but it'll do.
RC - 20 (80%)
Bio - 22 (92%)
Chem - 20 (69%)
Science Total - 21 (88%)
AA - 21 (86%)
PAT - 21 (86%)

Not the best of scores but considering I was so underprepared in the Canadian version (studied the American version, did not account for the 50 mins RC instead of 60 so guessed on 8 questions..., Im happy)

Amazing scores OP!
I'm jealous of your Bio score! I never felt as inclined as to memorizing all of Feralis' notes.
You should be golden towards the DAT portion of your application.

My scores came out to be:
RC - 18... (39%) :(
Bio - 22 (92%)
Chem - 26 (98%)
Science Average - 24 (98%)
AA - 22 (94%)
PAT - 24 (98%)

Reading Comprehension was a disaster...
I'm generally a slow reader. I walked into that portion of the exam without a set strategy, let's just say it was all downhill from there. The first passage was so intimidating and a spent way too much time on it that it threw off my confidence and concentration for the last 2. By the time I was on the last passage time had run out and I still had 7 questions to fill up. I quickly filled in as many bubbles as a could. As RC was the last section, I walked out of the exam very disappointed, already thinking that I need to retake. Luckily, everything else went well.

Moral of the story: Engage yourself in the passages! If one is confusing, go to the next and get points where you can! Make sure to be on pace and you'll do great!

Amazing scores OP!
I'm jealous of your Bio score! I never felt as inclined as to memorizing all of Feralis' notes.
You should be golden towards the DAT portion of your application.

My scores came out to be:
RC - 18... (39%) :(
Bio - 22 (92%)
Chem - 26 (98%)
Science Average - 24 (98%)
AA - 22 (94%)
PAT - 24 (98%)

Reading Comprehension was a disaster...
I'm generally a slow reader. I walked into that portion of the exam without a set strategy, let's just say it was all downhill from there. The first passage was so intimidating and a spent way too much time on it that it threw off my confidence and concentration for the last 2. By the time I was on the last passage time had run out and I still had 7 questions to fill up. I quickly filled in as many bubbles as a could. As RC was the last section, I walked out of the exam very disappointed, already thinking that I need to retake. Luckily, everything else went well.

Moral of the story: Engage yourself in the passages! If one is confusing, go to the next and get points where you can! Make sure to be on pace and you'll do great!

Thanks! Your scores aren't that bad either! Aside from RC of course. I really like your PAT score. And I know what you mean. The first RC passage REALLY bummed me out and put me in a negative mindset. I spent half of the alotted time doing the first passage, but during the exam I started thinking "Well aren't I screwed? Let's just get it over with and go straight to the next passage. I'm not going to waste any more time." It was after that that I realized how easy the next two passages were. I was almost mad at myself for wasting so much time on the first one.

Mine came in. Not the best of scores but it'll do.
RC - 20 (80%)
Bio - 22 (92%)
Chem - 20 (69%)
Science Total - 21 (88%)
AA - 21 (86%)
PAT - 21 (86%)

Not the best of scores but considering I was so underprepared in the Canadian version (studied the American version, did not account for the 50 mins RC instead of 60 so guessed on 8 questions..., Im happy)

Yeah the differences between the tests might trip people up. I also thought the RC section would be 60 mins and when I saw 50 I basically said, "Oh crap."

Your scores aren't too bad aside from Chem, but if all they look at is TS and AA then things should be pretty OK for you, I hope. I'm no expert regarding admissions and whatnot, but it looks like there could still be a chance. Good luck!!