Any Capsule pharmacists here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyers0806

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I saw a job opening for a pharmacy manager position at Capsule pharmacy open up in my city. I am currently a pharmacy manager elsewhere and wondered if anyone had insight into this company? How is work environment, pay, benefits, schedule? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

what is a capsule pharmacy, sounds like a micropharmacy?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I saw an opening for pharmacist open up with them in my area too. Really curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mail-order pharmacy that has 24/7 chat with the pharmacist available. And they seem to provide "excellent" customer service by reaching out to doctors/ insurance for any issues.

How is that any different from what anything the major mail order pharmacies are offering? Obviously they're doing delivery rather than mail. Independents have been doing that for decades.

Why is she called the doogie howser of pharmacy? wasn't he a child prodigy?

I know right? It says most pharmacists take 8 years (4 years undergrad, 4 years pharmacy school) to get their doctorate but she did it in 6 (2 years undergrad, 4 years pharmacy school) - uhh isn't that what all 0-6 schools do?

Reactions: 2 users
I know right? It says most pharmacists take 8 years (4 years undergrad, 4 years pharmacy school) to get their doctorate but she did it in 6 (2 years undergrad, 4 years pharmacy school) - uhh isn't that what all 0-6 schools do?

I did the 2+4 and so did a lot of my classmates. Not rare at all.

Reactions: 3 users
Capsule is just another regular pharmacy with one location serving NYC except Staten Island.

I mean being able to chat with pharmacist 24/7 is kinda cool. But yeah that’s probably it as far innovation goes.

What exactly is the benefit of being able to chat with a pharmacist 24/7? Why would someone need to talk to their pharmacist at 2am?

Same reason why Walmarts are open 24/7. Why do you need to buy grocery at 2 am?

Reactions: 1 user
What exactly is the benefit of being able to chat with a pharmacist 24/7? Why would someone need to talk to their pharmacist at 2am?

This old cat lady used to call my store in the middle of the night cause she was lonely. Sometimes parents asked for Tylenol or Motrin dosing for their babies who had fevers or were teething. Other than that it was people trying to get controls filled early.

Have to look at the location as well. “City that never sleeps”.

Having said that it’s not really an essential service but just something to brag about.

Doogie Howser became an MD at age 14. This girl became a pharmacist at 23. Someone needs to rewatch their 80s shows.

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder how they get pharmacists to be available 24/7. Might be kind of a cool side gig if they employer you remote to be in call for questions

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Probably require them to be on call which sucks.

Because people wake up at night with panicky questions about their meds?

Our overnight pharmacists at my old employer got callers like this all the time.

p.s. This makes me wonder if they'll find some way to do offshore outsourcing so they can pay overseas wages.

Outsourcing is impossible because you have to be us licensed rph to practice. Automation on the other hand will replace million jobs.