Any chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akp0088

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently graduated from the University of Michigan with a B.S. in Neuroscience. cG.P.A. is a 3.4, with sG.P.A. around that (just slightly lower). MCAT was a 32, with a 10 physical, 11 verbal, and 11 bio (and a Q in writing, not that it matters anymore). I have decent volunteering experience, most of it being from greek life philanthropy in a professional sorority. 75-100 shadowing hours with a D.O. who wrote me an excellent LOR. I've spent the last year working full time at a retirement home, so lots of patient interaction. I also have a lot of research experience, including a study that focused on type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis. The other study, which I was more involved with, focused on women with PTSD and addiction and how it affected child attachment. I actually got to work with the moms and children during a weekly group session.

I guess I was just wondering how that looks for D.O. schools. I know my G.P.A. kinda ruins M.D. schools for me...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I recently graduated from the University of Michigan with a B.S. in Neuroscience. cG.P.A. is a 3.4, with sG.P.A. around that (just slightly lower). MCAT was a 32, with a 10 physical, 11 verbal, and 11 bio (and a Q in writing, not that it matters anymore). I have decent volunteering experience, most of it being from greek life philanthropy in a professional sorority. 75-100 shadowing hours with a D.O. who wrote me an excellent LOR. I've spent the last year working full time at a retirement home, so lots of patient interaction. I also have a lot of research experience, including a study that focused on type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis. The other study, which I was more involved with, focused on women with PTSD and addiction and how it affected child attachment. I actually got to work with the moms and children during a weekly group session.

I guess I was just wondering how that looks for D.O. schools. I know my G.P.A. kinda ruins M.D. schools for me...

Thanks!

You have a shot at MD and you look very good for do.

I agree, you definitely have a shot at MD. Apply to in state atleast.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely have a shot at most D.O's and some M.D.'s as well. Good Luck!

If you're a MI resident, definitely try MSU, WSU and the new MI schools, and with some other low-tiers. You're fine for any DO program, including mine.

Hello,

Thanks!