Any code to use for Referral Triage/Review?

Started by DD214_DOC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DD214_DOC

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my staff has been very naughty, and now I find myself clearing my clinic's referral queue. Is there any possible CPT I could use to at least get some RVUs, so my time isn't a complete waste? The process requires me to review the actual referral request, briefly review the medical record, then make a determination to either refuse the referral or assign it to a provider. Occasionally, I also need to contact the referring provider if clarification is needed, or to inform them we will not accept the referral and why.