Any current LECOM-E students with pre-med SO/spouse?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taylormade2006

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am wondering if any current LECOM students have an SO or spouse in Erie that is doing pre-med. I will be in that situation and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for programs or schools in the area. It is kind of hard to gauge a school based on the list of universities in Erie on wikipedia.

Members don't see this ad.

I do not have a spouse or SO but I know many students in my class went to Gannon or Mercyhurst if they did pre-med here in Erie. There are a few from Behrend too. I think Gannon has a linked program w/ LECOM but I'm not sure. Do you have any specific questions about the programs? I can try to ask my friends that attended those schools.

Thanks bleeker. She is mainly wondering about undergraduate colleges that offer the pre-med courses and wondering what others' impressions were about the quality of instruction. She was looking at Penn State Erie, but OOS tuition is $800/credit, which is very high and cost prohibitive, especially for taking pre-med pre-reqs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gannon, Mercyhurst, and PSU Behrend are all located here in town, all would offer the courses needed for medical school prerequisites, and all of them are very good schools. I'm from this area originally, and I have friends that graduated from all three. Mercyhurst is definitely going to be the most expensive, while Gannon is conveniently located right downtown off of State Street. There's also Edinboro then, which is about twenty minutes south of Erie. It's another great school, but commuting from Erie could be a bit of a chore when the weather gets bad--Edinboro is right in the middle of the snowbelt and gets hammered frequently. She'd get great instruction at any of the four schools. Ganon has a lot of health sciences programs though, so they might have biology faculty that are a little more medical orientated, which could be good. Mercyhurst and Edinboro would prolly be a bit more academic.